Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Life at Work after Masters

It has been a serious while since I actually wrote something on my blog ...

For many many reasons that I know and many more that are beyond me or anyone for that matter..

But here I am, back to my writing and I am going to make sure I get my voice on paper a lot more often than before ..

This blog doesnt have many active readers...never had ... but if you are reading this blog it's probably because I forced you read it ....

My blogging will be highly rusty..so here goes ..

Masters of Science at Illinois State University is over and done ... A new chapter has begun in my life ..work ..yes...40hrs/week ( most of the times its about 50-60hrs/week not to mention a few hrs during the weekend ... if you are my boss .. please take note :-) )...

After MS, now work but hold on ! ... there was a period of forgettable yet unforgettable "low" time between these 2 highs in my life ..

I am not going to write about that time here ..perhaps some other day when I would be in the mood to relive that time...Nevertheless, I still have to mention that this "low" time found me a couple of really great friends .. I am tempted to give out their names but not yet ..I will let you ponder on who might they be ..

One of them is _______ a.k.a Salim Feku , a name coined/forced by yours truly upon him for his splendid knack of talking big ...so big that it would embarrass some of the biggest "Fekus" around ..Nevertheless we developed an amazing friendship in that short period of 3 months ( another pointer towards that time for you). We did almost everything together during the course of time I was around him .. Behold ! he is a guy and "everything" doesnt mean everything .. I am by all means a heterosexual and lets leave it that.

We watched movies, played cricket, played chess( can you believe that???)...2 so-called-grownups playing chess all night ...moving on...we studied together ..helped each other in learning JAVA and more, we cooked together, ate out together, we had discussions until the wee hours of the morning. We never let each other sleep before it was 7am or the person himself was sleepy..and the most funny and striking thing about our friendship is the hugeeeee amount of banter we indulge in ...we constantly swear at each other ..curse each other ..find each other responsible for things they actually are not .. I usually come up on top cause he doesnt have a quick response to everything I say .. Also, at times his responses are soo stupid and dumb that I actually dont respond at all and the way I tell him " You know what, I am not even going to respond to that...it doesnt deserve one ..". He is one of the only few friends I have who knows a lot about my finances here in the US ..

Alas, he is still in Dallas ( another pointer towards where I was during that time ...) ..

I am at work and have an assignment ...got to go ..will continue this later on ...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well well well! Look what we have here..another post from Kedar sans the cricket links that never worked!

Good to see you back in action ;)..and cheers to you and your friend :)!

John H. McConnel Jr. said...

I am Kedar's boss and have taken note of his hard work...and of his writing blogs during working hours...:)

Seriously, we all are greatly appreciative to have someone as sharp and hardworking as Kedar. We thoroughly enjoy his fun loving spirit as well.

John (Da Boss)